Thursday, November 22, 2012

You can't always get what you want.

So try to be thankful for what you have.  We didn't really celebrate Thanksgiving this year b/c the Americans that invited us for dinner were having an evening get together and N had baseball and L had basketball.  I did make some cranberry sauce as sort of a nod to Thanksgiving (and if you can boil water you can make some too).  We tried to go around the table and say what we were thankful for.  In what I believe to be a true Thanksgiving tradition there was soon dysfunction and fighting amongst the children present.  Oh well.

 I for one am thankful for no rockets and no sirens today.  Unfortunately that is not true for the people living in the South.  So thankful to be living here in the land of Israel!  I am also thankful for the makers of the soap at my local grocery who must have known that I needed a laugh.  The label on the soap is translated as "soapless soap."  Anyone out there who knows what that means please let me know.

This is not a political blog (of course to be followed by a political statement) but Michael Oren who is just an incredibly amazing person wrote a great article that I want to share.  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/21/opinion/israels-tactics-and-strategy-in-gaza.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

I am also thankful that my Hebrew is slowly progressing.  We have oral exams at our ulpan in just over a week.  Today I gave my practice speech that I will have to give at the exam.  I spoke about the high prices of real estate in Israel.  When I got to the part about how it is less expensive to buy in the South all the Russians started laughing.  Definitely some tension released.  I have no idea what they were bargaining for when they moved here but everyone is trying to keep spirits up.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in America and God bless the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment